Selling Policies and Seller Code of Conduct
All sellers are expected to adhere to the following policies when listing products on DDEBBIE Market. Seller offences and prohibited content can result in suspension of your DDEBBIE Market account.
Seller code of conduct
DDEBBIE Market enables you to reach hundreds of millions of customers. We strive to ensure a fair and trustworthy buyer and seller experience. At DDEBBIE Market, we expect you to adhere to the code of conduct principles outlined below. Violation of the code of conduct principles may result in the loss of your selling privileges and removal from DDEBBIE Market.
Seller Code of Conduct Principles:
- Adhere to all applicable laws and abide by all DDEBBIE Market policies.
- Maintain current account information.
- Never misrepresent yourself.
- Always act in a manner that ensures a trustworthy experience for DDEBBIE Market customers.
- Never list products that may cause harm to DDEBBIE Market customers.
- Never engage in any misleading, inappropriate or offensive behaviour. This applies to all your activities, including but not limited to:
- Information provided on your account
- Information provided in listings, content or images
- Communication between you and DDEBBIE Market or you and our customers
- Act fairly at all times. Unfair behaviour includes but is not limited to the following:
- Behaviour that could be deemed as manipulation or "gaming" of any part of the buying or selling experience
- Actions that could be perceived as manipulating customer reviews, including by directly or indirectly contributing false, misleading or inauthentic content
- Activities that could be perceived as attempting to manipulate DDEBBIE Market's search results or sales rankings
- Actions that intentionally damage another seller, their listings or their ratings
- Only maintain one Seller account for each region in which you sell, unless you have a legitimate business need to open a second account and all of your accounts are in good standing. Examples of a legitimate business justification include:
- You own multiple brands and maintain separate businesses for each
- You manufacture products for two distinct and separate companies
- You are recruited for a DDEBBIE Market program that requires separate accounts
As part of selling on ddebbiemarket.com, merchants communicate with ddebbiemarket.com customers both directly and indirectly. ddebbiemarket.com requires that merchants follow the guidelines below when communicating with customers.
- Order Unavailable email: Sellers must communicate with buyers if the product ordered is not available to be shipped. Adjust the full order amount using the Manage Orders feature or an Order Adjustment feed. Sellers must use NoInventory or CouldNotShip as the reason codes for the adjustment as necessary. The Order Unavailable email must contain a confirmation that the order amount was adjusted with the appropriate reason for the unavailability of the products. If you think you can fulfill the order but the shipment will be delayed beyond the advertised availability, you must notify the buyer about the delay. If the buyer decides to cancel the order, you should then start the refund process.
- Return Confirmation email: If a buyer returns an order, we encourage you to communicate with the buyer when the order is received. Use the Return Confirmation email template for this communication. This email must contain confirmation of the products returned, order amount refunded and the date of refund. However, you must process refunds for the order amount (minus any charges) using the Manage Orders feature or an Order Adjustment feed. However, you must process refunds for the order amount (minus any charges) using the /Manage Returns feature or an Order Adjustment feed.
In any communication you have with buyers (including shipping box inserts), you cannot ask them to leave a positive customer review for your product, or to leave a review only if they had a positive experience with your product. Similarly, you cannot ask only customers who had a positive experience with your product to leave a review. It is also prohibited to offer them any compensation for a review, including money or gift cards, free or discounted products, refunds or reimbursements, or any other future benefits.
For more information, please review DDEBBIE Market's guidelines in Customer product reviews policies.
DDEBBIE Market communicates order-related information to buyers through their "Your Account" updates. These updates include information, such as when an order has been shipped (with the tracking number) or when a refund has been processed. These updates are based on shipping confirmations and refunds initiated using Manage Orders or the following feeds:
- Shipping Confirmation feed: This feed tells DDEBBIE Market that you've shipped buyer orders and provides order tracking information for the buyers. Timely communication of order status is an important part of a high-quality shopping experience for DDEBBIE Market buyers.
- Order Adjustments feed: This feed tells DDEBBIE Market that you've issued buyer refunds. Buyers want to know their refund status after they return products. Therefore, it is critical that you process refunds promptly. You can also use the Manage Returns feature to issue a refund.
Note: We require sellers to promptly confirm shipment of all orders, either by using the Manage Orders feature or by uploading a Shipping Confirmation feed. After you confirm shipment, DDEBBIE Market sends a confirmation email to the buyer.
Authentic Buyer-Seller Communications
Buyers who want to contact sellers can do so by clicking the "Contact This Seller" link on the Seller at a Glance page.
This link opens a web form with a list of pre-selected subjects (Product Details, Shipping, Returns Policy or Other Question) and a text box where they can type a short message. While the buyers can type whatever message they want, we block messages that attempt to include hyperlinks or other HTML code. The message is simply plain text, with no other formatting or links.
After the buyer clicks Send email, the message is sent to you, the seller, at your Customer Service Reply-to Email address. They receive a confirmation that the email is sent and that you, the seller, will be contacting them shortly.
When you receive these emails, please note that they will contain only plain text and will not contain images, Flash animation or hyperlinks. If you receive an email regarding a buyer question that is not plain text and yet appears to be coming from DDEBBIE Market, do not respond to the email or click any links or images in the email. If the email from the buyer encourages you to click or paste a link into your browser, or that asks you to go to another website, we recommend that you do not perform this action.
We recommend you review your Seller Central Customer Reply-to Email address to verify that it is correct. For information about how to recognize suspicious email, please review Security and Your Account and About Authorizations.
Customer product reviews policies
Customer reviews are an integral part of the customer shopping experience on DDEBBIE Market. Customers use these reviews to learn more about the product, assess whether it fits their needs and make an informed purchase decision. Customer reviews also help sellers understand the customers’ sentiment about their products, what features or aspects of the product customers like and what areas need improvements. Reviews also provide sellers with ideas on how to improve their products. In order for customer reviews to continue to provide these benefits to customers and sellers, they have to remain a true and authentic reflection of customers’ experiences with the products.
DDEBBIE Market has specific policies that are meant to protect the authenticity of Customer Reviews, and we ask you to comply with these policies and report any violations that you might notice. We have provided links to our policy pages below. Note that DDEBBIE Market has a zero-tolerance policy towards any customer reviews violations. If we detect any attempts to manipulate customer reviews, we take immediate actions that include, but are not limited to:
- Immediate and permanent withdrawal of the seller’s selling privileges on DDEBBIE Market and withholding of funds.
- The removal of all the product’s reviews and preventing the product from receiving future reviews or ratings.
- Permanent delisting of the product from DDEBBIE Market.
- Legal action against the seller, including lawsuits and referral to civil and criminal enforcement authorities.
- Disclosing the seller’s name and other related information publicly.
We strongly urge you to thoroughly review DDEBBIE Market Customer Reviews policies and immediately correct any violating actions. It is important that you educate your business partners, employees and any 3rd-party partners that you work with about these policies as well. Any infractions by your business partners, employees or 3rd-party agencies will result in enforcement actions, even if it happened without your knowledge or consent.
Violations to Customer Reviews policies include, but are not limited to, these actions:
- A seller posts a review of their own product or their competitor's product.
- A seller offers a third party a financial reward, discount, free products or other compensation in exchange for a review on their product or their competitor’s product. This includes using services that sell customer reviews, websites or social media groups.
- A seller offers to provide a refund or reimbursement after the buyer writes a review (including reimbursement via a non-DDEBBIE Market payment method). This could be done via buyer-seller messaging on DDEBBIE Market or directly contacting customers or using 3rd-party services, websites or social media groups.
- A seller uses a third-party service that offers free or discounted products tied to a review (for example, a review club that requires customers to register their DDEBBIE Market public profile so that sellers can monitor their reviews).
- A family member or employee of the seller posts a review of the seller's product or a competitor's product.
- A seller asks a reviewer to change or remove their review. They might also offer a refund or other compensation to a reviewer in exchange for doing so.
- A seller diverts negative reviews to be sent to them or to a different feedback mechanism while positive reviews are sent to DDEBBIE Market.
- A seller creates a variation relationship between products with the aim of manipulating reviews and boosting a product’s star rating via review aggregation.
- A seller inserts a request for a positive DDEBBIE Market review or an incentive in exchange for a review into product packaging or shipping box.
- A seller uses a customer account to write or change a review on his or his competitor’s product.
Note: References to “seller” here includes all the seller’s employees and 3rd-party partners.
Prohibited seller activities and actions
These Prohibited Seller Activities and Actions are established to maintain a selling service that is safe for buyers and fair for sellers of both products and services. Failure to comply with the terms of this policy can result in cancellation of listings, suspension from use of DDEBBIE Market tools and reports and/or the removal of selling privileges.
Note: This policy is in addition to, and in no way limits, your other obligations pursuant to your seller agreement or otherwise.
The following guidelines apply to both sellers of products and services. For guidelines specific to products, see the information following this section.
Attempts to divert transactions or buyers:
Any attempt to circumvent the established DDEBBIE Market sales process or to divert DDEBBIE Market users to another website or sales process is prohibited. Specifically, any advertisements, marketing messages (special offers) or "calls to action" that lead, prompt or encourage DDEBBIE Market users to leave the DDEBBIE Market website are prohibited. This may include the use of email or the inclusion of hyperlinks, URLs or web addresses within any seller-generated confirmation email messages or any product/listing description fields.
Unauthorized and improper business names:
Your business name (identifying your business entity on DDEBBIE Market) must be a name that: Accurately identifies you; is not misleading; and that you have the right to use (that is, the name cannot include the trademark of, or otherwise infringe on, any trademark or other intellectual property right of any person). Furthermore, you can't use a business name that contains an email suffix such as .com, .net, .biz and so on.
Inappropriate email communications:
Unsolicited emails to DDEBBIE Market customers (other than as necessary for order fulfilment and related customer service) and emails related to marketing communications of any kind are prohibited.
Appropriate treatment of customer phone numbers:
DDEBBIE Market provides Professional sellers who fulfil their own orders access to customer phone numbers so that they can comply with carrier label requirements. If you receive this customer information, you are required to adhere to DDEBBIE Market's customer personal information policy, which can be found in our Seller Agreement.
Please review the policy there and the guidance below to make sure that you are using customers' phone numbers correctly.
- Proper treatment of customer phone numbers:
- Print on labels to comply with carrier requirements.
- Dispose of any customer phone number data that you retain after you have processed the customers' orders.
- Monitor who in your organization has access to customer phone numbers—protecting this data is your responsibility.
- Improper treatment of customer phone numbers:
Direct email addresses:
Buyers and sellers may communicate with one another via the Buyer-Seller Messaging Service.
Filing Infringement Notices as an Agent or Brand Protection Agency
DDEBBIE Market understands that many brands may choose to have brand protection agencies or agents report intellectual property infringement on their behalf, and accepts submissions from authorized agents. However, DDEBBIE Market does not permit individuals with active selling accounts to file infringement notices as an agent of a brand when the filing of those notices could benefit their own selling account (through removing competing listings, for example). Any person filing notices as an agent that benefit their own status as a seller may have their selling account terminated.
Misuse of the DDEBBIE Market selling service:
If you upload excessive amounts of data repeatedly, or otherwise use the service in an excessive or unreasonable way, DDEBBIE Market may in its sole discretion restrict or block your access to product feeds or any other functions that are being misused until you stop its misuse.
Misuse of ratings, feedback or reviews:
- Ratings and feedback: The rating and feedback features allow buyers to evaluate the overall performance of a seller, which helps sellers to develop a reputation within the DDEBBIE Market Marketplace. You may not post abusive or inappropriate feedback or include personal information about a transaction partner. This also includes posting ratings or feedback to your own account. You may request feedback from a buyer, however you may not pay or offer any incentive to a buyer for either providing or removing feedback.
- Reviews: Reviews are important to the DDEBBIE Market Marketplace, providing a forum for feedback about product and service details and reviewers' experiences with products and services—positive or negative. You may not write reviews for products or services that you have a financial interest in, including reviews for products or services that you or your competitors sell. Additionally, you may not provide compensation (including free or discounted products) for a review. Review solicitations that ask for only positive reviews or that offer compensation are prohibited. You may not ask buyers to modify or remove reviews.
Misuse of sales rank:
The best seller rank feature allows buyers to evaluate the popularity of a product. Any attempt to manipulate sales rank is prohibited. You may not solicit or knowingly accept fake or fraudulent orders, including placing orders for your own products. You may not provide compensation to buyers for purchasing your products or provide claim codes to buyers for the purpose of inflating sales rank. In addition, you may not make claims regarding a product's best seller rank in the product detail page information, including the title and description.
Misuse of the DDEBBIE Market A-to-z Guarantee:
Any misuse of the DDEBBIE Market A-to-z Guarantee claims process is prohibited. Sellers who have an excessive number or monetary amount of A-to-z Guarantee claims are subject to termination. In cases where a buyer is dissatisfied with a product or service, they can contact the seller to make arrangements for a refund, return or exchange, as appropriate. DDEBBIE Market reserves the right to seek reimbursement from the seller if we reimburse a buyer under the terms of the DDEBBIE Market A-to-z Guarantee.
Misuse of Search and Browse:
When customers use DDEBBIE Market's search engine and browse structure, they expect to see relevant and accurate results. Any attempt to manipulate the Search and Browse experience is therefore prohibited. Prohibited behaviors include, but are not limited to:
- Artificially simulating customer traffic (through Internet bots, paying for clicks on organic search results, etc.).
- Providing misleading or irrelevant catalogue information (title, bullet points, description, variations, keywords, etc.).
- Adding product identifiers (brand names, product names, ASINs and so on), even if they are your own, to hidden keyword attributes.
For more context and guidelines, see Optimize listings for Search and Browse.
Additional guidelines for sellers
The following guidelines apply to sellers of products:
Shipment of BMVD Products:
Books, Music, Video and DVD products offered through DDEBBIE Market must be shipped within two business days of the date the order confirmation is made available to you.
Post-transaction price manipulation and excessive shipping fees:
Any attempt to increase the sale price of an item after a transaction has been completed is prohibited. Additionally, sellers cannot set excessive order fulfilment and shipping costs.
Matching product offerings inaccurately:
When listing items for sale using an existing product detail page, the product being offered must be listed on a product detail page that accurately describes the product in all respects, including (but not limited to) the following attributes: Manufacturer, edition, binding, version, format or player compatibility. Sellers may not match their item to a detail page with a different ISBN, UPC, EAN or other external identifier.
Exception: Club editions of audio CDs and rental editions of DVD and Blu-ray discs should be listed against the detail page for the standard edition of the CD, DVD or Blu-ray, even if the UPCs of the two editions are different, if the following criteria are met:
- The club or rental edition is listed in Used condition;
- The content on both editions is identical; and
- A page with the UPC for the club or rental edition does not already exist in our catalogue. Use the listing comments to indicate that the item is a club edition. Format of the products (CD, DVD, Blu-ray) must be identical.
- Use the listing comments to indicate that the item is a club or rental edition.
Creating duplicate product detail pages:
Creating a product detail page for a product already in the DDEBBIE Market catalogue is prohibited.
Creating separate listings:
Sellers may not create separate listings for identical copies of the same item. Individually listing the same item several times is confusing for buyers and frustrating for other sellers. Sellers must use the quantity field to offer multiple copies of the same item and only list separately if offering the same item in different conditions.
Pre-sells of BMVD Products:
Sellers should not list or match against Books, Music, Video or DVD products that DDEBBIE Market designates as pre-orderable. BMVD Products offered through DDEBBIE Market must be shipped within two business days of the date the order confirmation is made available to you. It is also important to maintain accurate inventory records, as instances of "stock-outs" could be reflected in your seller feedback rating. If an item you are offering will not be available for immediate shipping upon order, either cancel the order or alert the buyer, and initiate a refund if necessary. DDEBBIE Market will immediately cancel any seller listing for Books, Music, Video or DVD items that DDEBBIE Market designates as pre-orderable.
Additional guidelines for service providers
The following guidelines apply to service providers:
- Upselling: The service provider must perform the service as outlined in the scope of work on the service detail page on the date the service was purchased. The service provider may not solicit additional products, parts or service orders before, during or after the service call.
- Unapproved technicians: For in-home services, if you send a non-approved technician to fulfil a service order, your selling privileges may be removed.
If the buyer requests services, parts or products outside of the defined scope of work, then the service provider may fulfil that request and charge the buyer directly.
Product Availability Policy for Manufacturers
We welcome manufacturers to sell their products on the DDEBBIE Market. If you are a manufacturer and your products are sold by any other retailers or distributors, we expect you to offer DDEBBIE Market Retail the option to source those products at competitive terms for sale as Retail items only.
How do I offer DDEBBIE Market Retail the option to source my products (i.e., become a vendor on DDEBBIE Market Retail)? Please write to us, briefly describing the products you would like to sell to DDEBBIE Market Retail, and we will direct you to the correct point of contact.
Does this policy apply to manufacturers that only sell direct to consumers? No. It only applies to manufacturers who sell their products to other retailers or distributors.
Does this policy impact a manufacturer’s ability to sell through other retailers? No. Manufacturers are free to sell through other retailers and distributors, both on and off DDEBBIE Market.
Does this policy apply to third party resellers? No. It only applies to manufacturers who sell their products to other retailers or distributors. Retailers and distributors are welcome to sell their products on DDEBBIE Market.
What is the purpose of this policy? To help customers purchase Earth’s biggest selection of products from a wide variety of retailers at competitive prices.
Who can I contact with additional questions? Please write to us if you have any additional questions.
Supply chain standards
In addition to complying with other program policies, DDEBBIE Market expects all products that are sold in the DDEBBIE Market Store or provided to DDEBBIE Market to be manufactured or produced in accordance with DDEBBIE Market’s supply chain standards. Our standards include the DDEBBIE Market supplier code of conduct, which requires that products be manufactured in safe, healthy and inclusive work environments.
We will not allow products in the DDEBBIE Market Store that are made:
- Using forced, indentured or child labour, including products:
- Identified as such by US Customs and Border Protection
- Made with cotton sourced from Turkmenistan or Uzbekistan (for more information, see the Responsible Sourcing Network cotton pledge)
- In hazardous or unsafe working conditions, including in those factories deemed ineligible under the Bangladesh Accord
- In a facility where workers were subject to discrimination or abuse (physical, verbal or psychological)
DDEBBIE Market evaluates credible allegations or reports of the above.
If DDEBBIE Market has reason to suspect certain products do not meet our supply chain standards, we may request the following from you:
- Demonstration of policies that align with DDEBBIE Market’s supply chain standards
- Auditing protocols, processes for assessing facility working conditions or participation in an approved industry association that requires factory monitoring
- Factory information for where products are produced or manufactured
- Unannounced audits of the factory in question, potentially including unsupervised worker interviews
If you supply a product in violation of the law or any of DDEBBIE Market’s policies, including those produced in violation of DDEBBIE Market’s supply chain standards, we will take corrective actions, as appropriate. These include, but are not limited to, returning inventory at your expense, immediately suspending or terminating selling privileges, destroying inventory in our fulfilment centres without reimbursement or terminating the business relationship.
Category, Product, and Listing Restrictions
All sellers registered to list their merchandise on DDEBBIE Market may create product offerings (listings). Listings are vital to creating variety and depth in the products available to buyers, and we are continually seeking to expand the number and types of products listed on DDEBBIE Market.
However, sellers may not be enabled to list in every product category or to create listings for each product in a particular category. Additionally, specific types of products may not be listed on DDEBBIE Market.
For some product categories, sellers may not create product listings without prior approval from DDEBBIE Market. In addition, sellers may be required to obtain additional approval to list certain products in certain categories. See the Categories Requiring Approval page for more information.
Categories requiring approval
For some product categories, DDEBBIE Market limits the addition of new sellers and closely monitors seller performance to ensure a high-quality experience for buyers. These measures are taken because of the types of products sold in the category, and often reflect concerns about consumer safety, product quality, branding, or import and export restrictions.
Please see our Categories Requiring Approval page for more information. Criteria for specific categories and links to category-specific request forms are provided in our Category Approval Process pages.
Certain products are not allowed on the DDEBBIE Market website under any conditions. Some products may not be sold as a matter of legal or regulatory restrictions (for example, prescription drugs) or as a matter of DDEBBIE Market policy (for example, crime scene photos).
For detailed information regarding prohibited content and restricted products, please see our Selling Policies.
In this page you will learn which products are restricted from sale on DDEBBIE Market.
We take product safety and these restrictions very seriously. Sellers should carefully review the "Examples of Permitted and Prohibited Listings" sections in each Restricted Product category before listing a product. If you sell a Restricted Product, we may immediately suspend or terminate your selling privileges and destroy inventory in our fulfilment centres without reimbursement. In addition, if we determine that a seller's account has been used to engage in illegal activity, remittances and payments may be withheld or forfeited. The sale of illegal or unsafe products can also lead to legal action, including civil and criminal penalties.
We are constantly innovating on behalf of our customers and working with regulators, third-party experts, vendors, and sellers to improve the ways we detect and prevent illegal and unsafe products from reaching our marketplace. We work hard on this issue every day because we know that our customers trust that they are buying safe and legal products when they shop on DDEBBIE Market. DDEBBIE Market encourages you to report listings that violate DDEBBIE Market's policies or applicable law by contacting Seller Support. We will investigate each report thoroughly and take any appropriate actions.
Additional related policies
Certain categories require you to obtain pre-approval from DDEBBIE Market before listing in those categories. If you are listing products that are prohibited in certain Canadian jurisdictions, you must inform customers in the listing conditions of such shipping restrictions. Such products are not eligible for FBA. In addition, there are restrictions on the import and export of many products. If you wish to list items for international purchase, you are responsible for conducting proper research to ensure that the items listed comply with all applicable laws and regulations.
Examples of permitted and prohibited listings
The examples provided in these Help pages are not all-inclusive and are provided solely as an informational guide. We encourage you to consult with your legal counsel if you have questions about the laws and regulations concerning your products. Even where a product is listed as an "Example of Permitted Listings," all products and listings must also comply with applicable laws. In addition, any links provided are for informational purposes only, and DDEBBIE Market does not warrant the accuracy of any information provided in these links.
Additional information and resources for sellers are available on our Restricted Products policy page.
- Animals & Animal Products
- Automotive and Powersports Permitted & Prohibited Products List
- Cosmetics & Skin/Hair Care
- COVID-19 Supplies
- Currency, Coins, and Cash Equivalents
- Drugs, Drug Paraphernalia & Dietary Supplements
- Weapons and Imitation Weapons
- Food & Beverage
- Intellectual Property Violations
- Hazardous and Dangerous Items
- Home & Garden Items
- Human parts and burial artifacts
- Jewellery & Precious Gems
- Lock Picking & Theft Devices
- Medical devices and accessories
- Offensive Products
- Other Restricted Products
- Pesticides and Pesticide Devices
- Recalled Products
- Surveillance Equipment
- Tobacco & Tobacco-Related Products
- Toys and Baby Products
- Warranties, Service Plans, Contracts, and Guarantees
E.U. Value Added Tax (VAT) Registration Agreement
If you operate a business established in one of the European Union ("EU") countries and have received a VAT Registration Number from the tax authorities in that country, you may submit that VAT registration number. We will use this information to determine whether VAT will be charged on your seller fees.
Before submitting your VAT registration number, you must read the following information carefully. You may only submit your VAT registration number if you acknowledge and agree to all the conditions set out below.
- The VAT registration number you submit to DDEBBIE Market belongs to the business you operate and from which you are selling on DDEBBIE Market.
- All transactions on your DDEBBIE Market Seller Account will be business-related transactions made by the business associated with the VAT registration number you submit to DDEBBIE Market.
- Your VAT registration number and all other information provided by you is true, accurate and current, and you will immediately update any such information held by us in case of any changes.
- All information including your VAT Registration Number will be collected, processed and maintained in accordance with the terms set out in the DDEBBIE Market Services Business Solutions Agreement and Privacy Notice.
- DDEBBIE Market reserves the right to request additional information and to confirm the validity of your Seller Account information (including your VAT Registration Number) from you or government authorities as permitted by law. You agree to provide any such information to us upon request.
- DDEBBIE Market reserves the right to charge you any applicable unbilled VAT if you provide a VAT registration number that is determined to be invalid. You irrevocably authorize DDEBBIE Market to debit your credit card for any such unbilled VAT.
Important: For additional information regarding VAT registration and compliance, see VAT Registration in EU.
Tax Calculation Services Terms
The following terms apply to the Tax Calculation Services DDEBBIE Market makes available to ddebbiemarket.com Professional sellers who list products for sale on ddebbiemarket.com, have an obligation to calculate tax on their ddebbiemarket.com orders, and have valid tax registration(s) with the relevant taxation authority.
Registration: Registration occurs when you have provided all required information and your Tax Settings are saved. To save your tax settings you must accept the DDEBBIE Market Tax Methodology, Tax Calculation Services Terms and confirm the configurations you provided are valid and based on your obligation to calculate tax.
Jurisdiction Configurations: Tax Calculation Services can calculate Goods and Services Tax/Harmonized Sales Tax (GST/HST); and British Columbia Provincial Sales Tax (BC PST); Saskatchewan Provincial Sales Tax (SK PST); Manitoba Retail Sales Tax (MB PST); and/or Quebec Sales Tax (QST), (collectively, “Taxes”).
Apart from what is listed above, no other taxes, regulatory fees, duties, or fees of any kind are calculated as part of the Tax Calculation Services.
You agree to maintain a valid tax registration number for each Canadian jurisdiction you have configured to calculate tax. DDEBBIE Market may request registration documentation or additional information from you to support your tax setting configurations. You agree to remove your tax settings configurations and stop calculating Taxes immediately if/when your registration is invalid for any reason. Failure to remove invalid tax calculation configurations or provide requested documentation may result in the suspension or removal of your selling privileges.
Product Tax Codes and Associated Information: Tax Calculation Services uses a product tax code (PTC), in conjunction with your jurisdiction configuration, to accommodate and calculate jurisdiction specific tax rules such as an exempt or zero-rated product. A list of product tax codes and jurisdiction specific product tax rules are available in your Tax Settings.
You are responsible to understand the taxability of your products, and to assign a valid PTC in the format and manner we require, to enable the proper tax calculation of your products for different jurisdictions. If you do not assign one of our product tax codes, you understand a zero rate calculation will occur using product tax code A_GEN_NOTAX and no Taxes will be calculated for that product.
DDEBBIE Market Tax Exemption Program: You automatically participate in the DDEBBIE Market Tax-Exemption Program (ATEP) when you save your Tax Settings, unless you opt-out by unchecking the box next to “Enroll in the DDEBBIE Market Tax Exemption Program”. This program allows pre-enrolled ATEP buyers to apply a tax exemption to a participating seller’s offer, at the time of purchase. The buyer’s exemption document is made available in the seller’s account, approximately 48 hours after order completion. Taxes will calculate according to your Tax Settings when a buyer exemption cannot be applied at the time of purchase, or if a seller does not participate in ATEP. Buyers may request accommodation of their exemption through a post-order refund of Taxes charged.
By participating in the DDEBBIE Market Tax Exemption Program, you agree to accept a pre-enrolled buyer’s ATEP exemption document for an exempt zero-rated tax calculation. For post-order concession refunds of amounts equal to Taxes, you agree to accept the refund decision and exemption document/information obtained by DDEBBIE Market Customer Service supporting DDEBBIE Market Fulfilled orders. Further, you agree to communicate with a buyer to obtain, validate, and retain exemption document/information and process a post-order refund when a valid exemption request is received for Merchant Fulfilled orders.
Calculation Services: Tax Calculation Services will use your tax calculation settings, product tax code assignment, and DDEBBIE Market Tax Methodology to calculate Taxes for orders placed on ddebbiemarket.com for delivery within Canada. Tax Calculation Services do not apply to any other taxes, regulatory fees, or destinations outside of Canada.
Tax Calculation Services Fees: The tax calculation service fee is 2.9% of the total Taxes calculated by our service for a transaction. This fee is non-refundable and will be retained by DDEBBIE Market in the event of any refund on related transactions.
Transaction Refunds and Taxes: A post order refund of Taxes may be requested from a buyer when Taxes were incorrectly calculated, or the buyer was unable to apply their exemption during the time of purchase. Responsibility of processing a tax refund depends on the type of refund, who fulfilled the order, and your participation in ATEP.
- Merchant Fulfilled Orders: Merchants remain responsible for communicating with customers via buyer-seller messaging, determining what type of refund may be required, processing the refund, and issuing any required documentation to the customer, such as credit notes.
- DDEBBIE Market Fulfilled Orders: With the exception of ATEP buyer exemption requests for orders from sellers who do not participate in ATEP, DDEBBIE Market Customer Service (CS) is responsible to communicate with a buyer, determine what type of refund is issued, and process the refund. Responsibility for the creation and issuance of documentation is dependent upon the type of refund issued.
- Transaction Refund: When a transaction is refunded (whole or in part), Taxes calculated on the transaction will be automatically refunded to the buyer, equal to the refund amount. See Tax Invoicing section below for Credit Note information.
- Concession Refund: Concession refunds are a lump sum refund that may be given to a customer for a variety of reasons, including a request for a Tax-Only refund. Any Taxes previously collected will not be refunded or adjusted for any concession refund, however, the lump sum refund may include an amount equal to Taxes previously paid. For all concession refunds, the creation and issuance of a credit note to the customer, or other required documentation, remains the responsibility of the seller
- ATEP Buyer Exemptions (Seller participates in ATEP): DDEBBIE Market CS will only process a buyer post-order concession refund equal to the taxes paid when you participate in ATEP and supporting exemption documentation is provided by the buyer.
- ATEP Buyer Exemptions (Seller does not participate in ATEP): DDEBBIE Market CS is unable to assist buyers with a request for post-order refund of Taxes if you do not participate in ATEP. Sellers remain responsible to communicate with buyers via Buyer-Seller Messaging about your choice to accept exemptions and determine if a refund is due. Sellers may use the Concession Refund process and are responsible for issuing any required documentation to buyers.
- Non-ATEP Buyer Exemptions: DDEBBIE Market CS will process a buyer post-order concession refund equal to the taxes paid for any non-ATEP Buyer exemptions where supporting exemption documentation is provided by the buyer.
Tax Invoicing: Beginning 9 October 2019, a tax invoice will automatically be generated for customer orders from sellers who participate in Tax Calculation Services. A credit note may also be automatically generated for a transactional refund of Taxes for DDEBBIE Market-fulfilled orders. This does not apply to concession refunds, or to any refunds for Merchant Fulfilled Orders. The invoice will be made available to both buyer and seller and includes your seller account legal entity information and your tax setting jurisdiction registration number(s). In certain circumstances, the customer may be required to contact you to receive a copy of the Tax Invoice or Credit Note. A regenerated tax invoice or credit note, or invoice or credit provided in addition to any DDEBBIE Market-generated tax invoice or credit note must be clearly marked as “Duplicate”. The ability to edit or change a tax invoice is not available. If an error exists, cancel or return the order to generate a credit note, and then create a new transaction.
For any order prior to 9 October 2019, or in circumstances when a tax invoice or credit note is not generated (e.g. concession refunds, refunds for Merchant or DDEBBIE Market Fulfilled Orders) or is generated but not provided to a buyer, it remains the seller’s responsibility to create and/or provide the required documentation (such as a tax invoice or credit note) to a buyer via Buyer-Seller Messaging only.
You agree to all tax invoicing requirements, and that your information, including your legal entity name, legal address, and tax registration numbers, you provide to DDEBBIE Market are accurate and valid, and that your information can be provided to buyer on a tax invoice or credit note.
Remittance of Taxes: Taxes calculated on transactions using the Tax Calculation Services are remitted to you with your account disbursement and are recorded in your payments and sales tax reporting. DDEBBIE Market does not remit Taxes, or amounts collected as or on account of Taxes, (collectively “Tax Amounts”) on your behalf to any tax authority.
You agree to accept the amounts we remit to you as full satisfaction of our obligations in connection with the Tax Calculation Services. You agree to remit all Tax Amounts, on your transactions to the proper tax authority.
Customer Service: DDEBBIE Market Customer Service is unable to address buyer questions related to your Tax Calculation Settings. It is your responsibility to respond to any buyer concerns related to your tax settings.
Your Responsibilities: You are solely responsible for your use of the Tax Calculation Services, including ATEP and Tax Invoicing. Your responsibilities include:
- Understanding and complying with your obligation to register with a tax authority, calculate, report, and remit any Tax Amounts (“Tax Obligations”).
- Configuring your tax jurisdiction settings based on your Tax Obligations.
- Providing a valid tax registration number for each jurisdiction (federal and/or provincial) where you have enabled Tax Calculation Service.
- Determining and assigning the correct product tax code to your products and ensuring any product tax code assignments to your products are maintained and updated, as may be required in connection with your Tax Obligations.
- Ensuring any tax refund or exemption provided to a buyer, through ATEP or otherwise, meets the conditions for the refund or exemption offered as required by the relevant taxation or revenue authority.
- Understanding, obtaining, issuing, and maintaining all required documentation necessary to meet your Tax Obligations.
- Reporting and remitting all Tax Amounts, and other transaction-based fees to the applicable taxation or revenue authority for your transactions and maintaining all required supporting information and documentation for your Tax Obligations, such as sales data, customer exemption documentation, tax invoices and credit notes.
- Responding to buyer requests for information about your tax calculation settings, post-order refund requests, copies of tax invoices or credit notes, including obtaining and validating any information necessary to comply with all applicable laws and regulations related to tax-exempt transactions and tax calculations.
- Ensuring all your seller account information, tax registration numbers, legal entity information, jurisdiction selections, and product tax code assignments are accurate, valid, and maintained to reflect your Tax Obligations.
DDEBBIE Market disclaims all responsibility for your use of the Tax Calculation Services, including ATEP and Tax Invoicing.
Responsibility for Taxes. You are responsible for identifying your Tax obligations in addition to the calculation, remittance, and reporting of all taxes within your obligation, regardless of your participation in DDEBBIE Market’s Tax Calculation Service.
- In some circumstances, DDEBBIE Market may, consistent with applicable law, calculate, collect, and remit (as DDEBBIE Market) applicable national, state or local sales and use taxes, goods and services taxes (GST), or value added taxes (VAT) (collectively “Taxes”) on orders destined to specific locations. For more information about these specific locations, see Marketplace Withheld Tax.
- DDEBBIE Market offers an optional Tax Calculation Service for Professional sellers to calculate Taxes and other transaction-based charges on orders destined to non-Marketplace Tax Collection jurisdictions within your elected country. DDEBBIE Market expressly agrees to remit to you (with your earnings disbursement) Taxes calculated in connection with your use of DDEBBIE Market’s Tax Calculation Services for you to remit to the appropriate tax authority. For more information, see Tax Calculation Services.
- DDEBBIE Market does not report or remit Taxes to any government on behalf of any seller. Sellers remain responsible for any ongoing remittance and/or reporting requirements they may have in connection with Marketplace Withheld Tax or DDEBBIE Market’s Tax Calculation Service.
Except as otherwise provided in the Business Solutions Agreement (the “Agreement”), you agree that DDEBBIE Market is not obligated to determine your tax obligation, whether taxes apply, and DDEBBIE Market will not be responsible to calculate, collect, report, or remit any seller obligated taxes arising from any transaction. However, if a taxing authority requires us to pay any of your taxes, you will promptly reimburse us for the amounts paid.
Taxes on Fees and Payments. Any and all fees payable by you pursuant to this Agreement are exclusive of all Taxes, and you will pay any Taxes that are imposed and payable on such amounts. All payments made by you to DDEBBIE Market under this Agreement will be made free and clear of any deduction or withholding (including but not limited to cross-border withholding taxes), as may be required by law. If any such deduction or withholding is required on any payment, you will pay such additional amounts as are necessary so that the net amount received by DDEBBIE Market is equal to the amount then due and payable under this Agreement.
Shipping Products Internationally. When fulfilling product from a country outside the order origin country (elected country), you are the importer of goods to the elected country and responsible for the payment of all import duties, taxes, and custom fees (collectively “Customs Fees”). If you fulfill product to an address outside your elected country, generally, you are considered the exporter and the buyer is considered the importer. The seller is responsible for any export Customs Fees (if any) and the buyer is responsible for any import Customs Fees related to their purchase. Customs Fees paid by any party, if any, are in addition to the sales proceeds collected by DDEBBIE Market. For more additional information about shipping products internationally, see Important information for international sellers.
- DDEBBIE Market Tax Exemption Program (ATEP)
- Canadian Sales Taxes on ddebbiemarket.com Seller Fees
- Marketplace Withheld Tax
If you operate a business established in any of the countries listed below1 and have received a tax registration number from the tax authorities in that country, you can submit it. We will use this information to determine how tax2 will apply on your seller fees and, where applicable, for other DDEBBIE Market services provided to you.
Before submitting your tax registration number, you must read the following information carefully. You can only submit your tax registration number if you acknowledge and agree to all the conditions set out below.
- The tax registration number you submit to DDEBBIE Market belongs to the business you operate and from which you are selling on DDEBBIE Market.
- All transactions on your DDEBBIE Market Seller Account will be business-related transactions made by the business associated with the tax registration number you submit to DDEBBIE Market.
- Your tax registration number and all other information you have provided is true, accurate and current, and you will immediately update any such information held by us in case of any changes.
- All information including your tax registration number will be collected, processed and maintained in accordance with the terms set out in the DDEBBIE Market Services Business Solutions Agreement and Privacy Notice.
- DDEBBIE Market reserves the right to request additional information and to confirm the validity of your seller account information (including your tax registration number) from you or government authorities as permitted by law. You agree to provide any such information to us upon request.
- DDEBBIE Market reserves the right to charge you any applicable unbilled tax if you provide a tax registration number that is determined to be invalid. You irrevocably authorize DDEBBIE Market to debit your credit card for any such unbilled tax.
- For resident-Australian sellers only: By providing your Australian Business Number (ABN), you confirm that you are Goods and Services Tax (GST) registered.
- For resident-Taiwan sellers only: By providing your Unified Business Number (UBN), you confirm that you are Value Added Tax (VAT) registered.
1List of countries for which Tax Registration Numbers are accepted:
- 28 European Union Member States (VAT Registration Number)
- Liechtenstein (VAT Registration Number)
- New Zealand (GST Number)
- Russia (State Registration Number)
- Switzerland (VAT Registration Number)
- Australia (Australian Business Number)
- Taiwan (Unified Business Number)
- Serbia (VAT Registration Number)
- Albania (VAT Registration Number)
- Belarus (VAT Registration Number)
- Saudi Arabia (VAT Registration Number)
- United Arab Emirate (VAT Registration Number)
- South Korea (Business Registration Number
- Quebec (Quebec Sales Tax Number)
- Turkey (Turkish Vergi Kimlik Number - VKN)
- South Africa (VAT Registration Number)
- India (Goods Services Tax ID)
- Iceland (VAT Registration Number)
- Norway (VAT Registration Number)
- Armenia (VAT Registration Number)
- Bahrain (VAT Registration Number)
- Canary Island (VAT Registration Number)
- Bahamas (VAT Registration Number)
- Colombia (VAT Registration Number)
- Singapore (Goods and Services Tax ID)
- Malaysia (VAT Registration Number)
2 VAT or GST, as applicable
Taxes and regulations with DDEBBIE Market Global Selling
Important: Information on this page does not constitute tax, legal, or other professional advice and must not be used as such. You should consult your professional advisers if you have any questions.
Now that you have an idea of where you'd like to expand your business, it's time to explore how taxes and regulations might affect your business for each marketplace in which you intend to sell. This section provides an overview by region of the taxes and regulations you should be aware of when selling in DDEBBIE Market's various marketplaces and enlisting third-party resources. We recommend that you consult your tax and regulatory advisors before making decisions about how you will sell in other marketplaces.
Every country has legal and industry requirements concerning sales of products to consumers. In your home marketplace, there are probably laws that pertain to intellectual property rights, product safety, environmental, and other applicable requirements. The same is true for all marketplaces. Do your research and understand your responsibilities. Some things to consider are:
- Tax and customs
- Intellectual property rights, in particular IP law restrictions on parallel import
- Export controls
- Markings and labels
- Environmental, Health, and Safety
- Product compliance
Marketplace Withheld Tax Considerations
Based on the destination of your order, DDEBBIE Market may be legally obligated to calculate, collect, and remit applicable national, state, or local sales or use taxes, goods and services taxes (GST), or value added taxes (VAT) (collectively referred to as “Taxes”). Learn more:
- US Marketplace Withheld Tax
- Marketplace Tax Collection FAQ
Taxes and regulations with DDEBBIE Market Global Selling
- United States Tax and Regulatory Considerations
- Canada tax and regulatory considerations
- Europe tax and regulatory considerations
- UK VAT on eCommerce legislation
- Japan Tax and Regulatory Considerations
- Singapore Goods and Services Tax (GST) frequently asked questions
- Mexico tax and regulatory considerations
- Russia Value Added Tax (VAT)
- Taiwan Value Added Tax (VAT)
- International Trade Laws
- Australia Goods and Services Tax on Low-Value Imports
- Annual Statement regarding activity related to France FAQ
- Mexico income tax (ISR) withholding FAQ
- Mexico value-added tax (VAT) frequently asked questions
- Chile value-added tax (VAT) frequently asked questions
Product Detail Page Rules
Customers will first learn about your offers on a product detail page. The policies below ensure each product detail page covers a single unique item. This helps give customers a clear and consistent buying experience. In general, you will need to:
- As a seller, you need to understand and comply with DDEBBIE Market's policies on product safety and compliance
- Exclude inappropriate content such as obscene or offensive materials, links or contact information, plot spoilers, reviews or requests for reviews, and advertising.
- Accurately categorize and describe your products.
- Do create new detail pages for new products or versions.
- Refrain from creating duplicate pages for a product that already has a detail page.
- Only create valid “variations” that relate to the primary product.
- If you wish to sell a product under a different trademark (i.e., brand or manufacturer name) to that of an existing ASIN (or where an existing ASIN has been created without a brand or manufacturer), do not change the existing ASIN. Instead, create a new ASIN for that trademarked product.
- Detail page information must be added in the local language of the specific marketplace (i.e., Japanese for DDEBBIE Market.co.jp, German for DDEBBIE Market.de, Portuguese for DDEBBIE Market.br etc.). Foreign books are the only category where listings in foreign languages are allowed; in this case, the language of the detail pages' content shall be either the local language of the specific marketplace or the same language of the book being sold.
Policies for writing listings
- Using page-creation tools for any purpose other than creating product details pages is prohibited.
- Comply with DDEBBIE Market listing standards for any product sold on DDEBBIE Market. Failure to do so creates a negative customer experience and may result in your selling privileges being temporarily or permanently removed. This includes, but is not limited to, the following:
- Detail pages may not feature or contain Prohibited content or Restricted products.
- All products must be accurately categorized and classified. To learn more about classifying your products correctly, see our help pages on Product Classifier, Browse Tree Guide and ASIN Creation Policy.
- Product titles, product descriptions and bullets must be clearly written and help customers understand the product.
- All product images must meet DDEBBIE Market general image standards, as well as any applicable category-specific image guidelines.
- None of the following are allowed in product detail page titles, descriptions, bullet points or images:
- Information that is grossly harmful, harassing, blasphemous, defamatory, paedophilic, libellous, invasive of other's privacy, hateful or racially/ethnically objectionable, disparaging, relating to or encouraging money laundering or gambling, pornographic, obscene or offensive content, or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever.
- Details of availability, price or condition. When listing a product for sale, sellers must follow the DDEBBIE Market offer listing process. Within the offer listing process, sellers are given an opportunity to note their item's condition, quantity, price and other details that are relevant to a specific listing.
- External contact information such as, but not limited to: Phone numbers, physical mail addresses, email addresses, social media handles or website URLs.
- Links or references to alternative ordering information (such as links to other websites for placing orders), or alternative shipping offers (such as free shipping)
- Spoilers on Books, Music, and Video or DVD (BMVD) listings. This includes giving away plot details crucial to the suspense or surprise ending of a story.
- Reviews, quotes, or testimonials.
- Requests for positive customer reviews.
- Adverts, promotional material, or watermarks on images, photos, or videos.
- Time-sensitive information, such as dates of tours, seminars or lectures.
- Display of trademarks on generic products
- Information containing software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource.
- Information violating any law of the marketplace country for the time any such law is being in force.
- Generic products may not be listed under ASINs of trademarked products, even if the products are similar or identical.
- Product titles must not have more than 200 characters, including spaces. This upper limit applies to all categories. Some categories might have a limit of even fewer characters. See the Templates for specific categories for details.
- If the category you are listing in gives you the option of supplying a list price (“MSRP”) or recommended retail price (“RRP”), please indicate the price recommended by the manufacturer and actually applied by retailers as the selling price in the relevant marketplace. You are responsible for ensuring that the list prices/RRPs you provide to us remain accurate and updated for the marketplace in which you are offering the product. If you don't have a list price/RRP that meets these criteria, please leave the field blank.
Policies for adding detail pages
- You cannot add details which infringe upon the IP rights of other parties or individuals. For more details, check the Intellectual property rights for sellers page.
- You must not use Add a Product, inventory files and DDEBBIE Market Marketplace Web Services (DDEBBIE Market MWS) listing APIs for any purpose other than listing products on DDEBBIE Market.
- You must not use false product identification information in product detail pages. This includes UPC codes and publication dates.
- You must not create a product detail page for a product already in DDEBBIE Market's catalogue, including products listed on other DDEBBIE Market marketplace websites (i.e. ddebbiemarket.com, DDEBBIE Market.jp, DDEBBIE Market.co.uk etc.)
- You must not use product detail pages to cross-merchandise or cross-promote a product.
- You must only provide information that pertains to the features of the product in general, not the condition of your particular item. Product detail pages may be used by any other seller to list the same product.
- For Books, Music, Videos and DVDs (BMVD), you must not use a single product detail page to advertise more than one product. BMVD-only product bundles must be defined by the publisher or manufacturer and have a single ISBN, UPC or EAN that is different from the product identifier of any single item in the bundle.
Policies for editing detail pages
- You must not use an existing listing for a new version of a product. Changes to a product’s packaging colour, design or material do not require creating a new ASIN. Only when the product being sold is either materially different or changed in brand value is it necessary to create a new ASIN. This includes changes in colour, size, material, features and product name. For example, a manufacturer updates its streaming media player by adding a new remote control with four buttons instead of two. This product is materially different from the older version, and it must be listed as a new ASIN.
- You may only update detail pages to better or more accurately describe the product as originally listed. You may not change/add the ASIN title, brand or manufacturer name in the respective data fields (even if one does not exist, i.e., where the ASIN was created without a brand or manufacturer as a ‘no-name’ or generic product), unless the updates include additional details, clarifications, grammatical fixes or removal of content that violates DDEBBIE Market policy.
- If you choose to re-brand a product, you must create a new ASIN rather than update an existing ASIN. This is true even if the product is unbranded and does not change materially after the brand change. This includes adding a brand to a previously unbranded product.
- If you believe that the brand or manufacturer name on an existing ASIN is incorrect, please contact Seller Support and provide all available evidence to support your position. This includes if you are unable to list a product with the correct UPC because that UPC is already in use for another ASIN. Do not make changes to the original ASIN. Instead contact Seller Support with proof of UPC ownership and request that they cleave a new ASIN for the same UPC.
DDEBBIE Market Renewed Program Policies
The following terms apply to your application for and ongoing participation in the DDEBBIE Market Renewed program.
You need to be able to meet our product quality and the DDEBBIE Market Renewed Guarantee to qualify as a seller of products in the Renewed program. Learn more and apply for participation here.
Renewed sellers must comply with the following Renewed catalog requirements in addition to the Product detail page rules:
Renewed Product Listing
- Renewed products must be listed under the original brand of the product offered. You cannot use your seller name under the product’s brand attribute.
- You are not allowed to include references to a seller name or a seller brand on the Product Listing (detail) page. This applies to the main content as well as the product title, description, bullet points, pictures, or any other place on the detail page. Content will only contain references to the original brand of the product.
- Listing in bundles (such as a mobile device with a protective case) is not permitted.
Renewed ASIN Creation
- You are not allowed to create multiple ASINs for the same Renewed product.
- To create a Renewed ASIN you will use the Renewed ASIN Creation tool. When an equivalent New ASIN is not available and requires you to create a new Renewed ASIN manually, you must indicate the term “(Renewed)” in parentheses in the suffix of the title.
- You are not allowed to create new Renewed Apple ASINs. If you need a Renewed Apple ASIN that is not already in the Renewed Catalog, you must request creation through Seller Partner Support.
All Renewed products must be capable of being repaired/refurbished and tested to look and work like new in accordance with our Global Quality Policy. Repair/refurbish capability means that products must have electrical and/or mechanical components that can be replaced and/or upgraded to new or like-new condition.
To ensure a positive customer experience, DDEBBIE Market will remove any products from DDEBBIE Market Renewed that are not capable of being repaired/refurbished, pose a hygienic or safety risk, or violate any other DDEBBIE Market policies.
The following is a list of permitted products:
- Air conditioners
- Audio receivers and amplifiers
- Blu-ray and DVD players
- Car stereos, security, video, and radar detectors
- Chain saws, pole saws, and log splitters
- Chippers, shredders, and mulchers
- Digital antennas
- Digital musical instruments
- Electric ceiling fans
- Electrical floor cleaning devices
- Embroidery machines
- Fitness machines
- Fitness watches
- GPS devices
- Graphing and scientific calculators
- Home stereo equipment
- Home theater systems
- Kitchen appliances
- Lawn mowers, hedge trimmers and edgers
- Media players
- Outdoor blowers and vacs
- PC drives and graphics cards
- PC keyboards, mice, game pads, and webcams
- PC motherboards
- PC networking equipment
- PC power supply
- PC processors
- PC servers
- Pneumatic tools
- Portable media players
- Power tools, power drills, and power saws
- Pressure washers
- Security cameras and systems
- Sewing machines
- Snow throwers
- Sound and recording equipment
- Sound bars
- Universal remote controls
- Video cameras
- Video game consoles
Customers expect Renewed products to cost less than their New equivalents. Renewed products must be priced with a minimum 5% discount from the currently priced New ASIN equivalents on DDEBBIE Market. Any Renewed offers that are priced at a smaller discount or are priced higher than New equivalents 1) will not be eligible to be the featured offer on the product detail page, 2) may be removed from the DDEBBIE Market Renewed catalog, and/or 3) may lead to permanent loss of selling privileges for the relevant ASINs. We will send you one or more warning messages before we revoke your selling privileges for those ASINs.
Product Quality Assurance
Renewed products must fully adhere to the Renewed Product Quality Policy and must be inspected, repaired (if applicable), cleaned, and tested to meet original manufacturer specifications. DDEBBIE Market frequently assesses product quality through test buys and customer feedback. If performance does not meet our criteria, we reserve the right to remove selling privileges.
DDEBBIE Market Renewed CA Global Quality Policy
This document covers the general quality requirements for a product to be eligible for sale on DDEBBIE Market Renewed. The outlined requirements are intended to serve as a minimum required quality bar across all Renewed product categories. Any category-specific requirements are noted in Appendix A and will supersede the general product quality requirements. Any brand-specific requirements are noted in Appendix B and will supersede both category-specific requirements and general product quality requirements.
A. General product quality requirements. All Renewed products must meet the following requirements:
- All Renewed products must be capable of being repaired/refurbished and tested to look and work like new in accordance with our Global Quality Policy. Repair/refurbish capability means that products must have electrical and/or mechanical components that can be replaced and/or upgraded to new or like-new condition.
- You can find a list of permitted products and more details on our listing restrictions here.
- Product inspection and testing
- Each product must be inspected, repaired (if applicable), cleaned and tested to function and look like new.
- Any potential refurbishing operation will only utilize Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) parts. Such parts can be new or refurbished to a like-new condition, under the same requirements of this section of the Quality Requirements.
- No signs of cosmetic damage (scratches, dents, etc.) should be noticeable when the product is held 12 inches away.
- No dead or stuck pixels should be present on products that contain displays. Displays should illuminate like the new equivalents, with no signs of dimming.
- Any markings on external surfaces of the product must be intact (e.g. product logo). No additional markings (e.g. supplier logo, engravings, etc.) will be allowed.
- When present, batteries must have a capacity that exceeds 80% of the new equivalent.
- Where applicable, products must be restored to their original factory settings and must be fully unlocked for use.
- Where applicable, products must be upgradeable to the latest firmware supported by the OEM.
- All products must meet the applicable requirements of Canadian law, including but not limited to the Canada Consumer Product Safety Act (“CPSA”) and regulations.
- Products must include all accessories that come with a new equivalent.
- Accessories may not be sold as standalone ASINs.
- Only OEM accessories will be utilized. The accessories can be new or refurbished to a like-new condition, under the same requirements laid out in Paragraph A.1 of this document. Consumable accessories (for example, air and water filters, brushes, strings, etc.) must be in new condition.
- For Apple products please see Appendix B.1 at the bottom of this document.
- Where applicable, wall plugs must be compatible to the region where the product is sold.
- Products that come with a remote control should have a remote control that is already paired with the receiver. Alternatively, the package must contain an instruction manual on how the customer can pair the remote with the receiver and troubleshoot communication issues.
- While not required, inclusion of instruction manuals is highly encouraged in order to provide a better customer experience and aid in the reduction of negative reviews and product returns. In the absence of physical instruction manuals, a link or reference to the manufacturer’s instruction manual should be included, when possible.
- Original instruction manuals must be included where required by law.
- Seller must perform a complete forensic destruction of all personally identifiable information (PII) and all other data that originated with or related to an end user contained on or in any hardware, software, or media component of each product before sale. Examples of such end user data include but are not limited to name, date of birth, fingerprints or other biometric data, social security number, street address, email address, cloud storage account, and credit card information
- Any end user data must be removed in accordance with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Standard on Media Sanitization or other applicable local regulations and standards. Please refer to NIST-SP.800-88.rev.1 for additional information.
- Products must be packaged either in their original packaging or in a new cardboard box. No mailing and padded envelopes will be used.
- Packaging must be clean and free of any damage, markings and non-product related labels and stickers.
- If original packaging is used, the serial numbers on the box and the product must match. In addition, labeling must be applied on at least two sides of the package, explicitly identifying the product as "Renewed", "Refurbished", "Remanufactured" or other applicable derivative.
- Products and accessories must be compartmentalized and must not be in direct contact with each other. They will be secured and not able to move inside the box during handling and shipping.
- Product packaging must successfully pass drop-tests based on widely adopted standards like those of the American Society for Testing & Materials (ASTM) or the International Safe Transit Association (ISTA).
- All shipment of products containing lithium batteries (both lithium ion and lithium metal) are classified as Class 9 – Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods. Please refer to IATA and ICAO requirements as the product might require proper identification, classification, packaging, marking and labeling.
- Products must be packaged and labeling in accordance with Canadian law which requires, among other things, French and English.
B. Warranty. All Renewed products must come with the following warranty terms, to be honored and administered by the manufacturer, refurbisher, reseller or third-party provider.
Type of Coverage
The warranty will cover any defects that arise over the period of coverage.
The customer has the right to return a defective product and receive a replacement product without incurring any shipping or material handling fees.
Warranty obligations will not apply to defects caused by insufficient maintenance or improper installation, operation and use by the owner.
Period of Coverage: The minimum required warranty period varies by region:
North America - must be at least 90 days from the date of sale.
Warranty information must be included in each package, with warranty contact details.
Products that are sealed and contain adequate warranty terms and information by the manufacturer or refurbisher of record, will not require any further action.
C. Quality Controls and Enforcement
- Seller Quality Management System (QMS)
- Performance Monitoring
- To help ensure compliance with the DDEBBIE Market Renewed Global Quality Requirements, sellers must meet the following performance metrics:
- Perfect Order Percentage > 85%
- Order Defect Rate < 0.8%
- Renewed Product Review Score > 3.5
- Renewed Quality Score (RQS) > 98% (seller level). Details on guidelines, expectations and enforcement mechanisms can be found on Seller Central. Once approved to sell on DDEBBIE Market Renewed, you can access your RQS report here.
- Products will be subject to random test buys that serves as another mechanism to ensure compliance with these requirements. DDEBBIE Market Renewed reserves the right to conduct test buys at its own discretion. Products purchased for this purpose will be returned to the seller as per the regular returns process and will not affect any performance metrics.
- Failure to comply with the Global Quality Requirements might lead to the removal of selling privileges on DDEBBIE Market Renewed, and might require the submission of a ‘Plan of Action’ to remediate and regain said privileges.
- At any given point and at its sole discretion, DDEBBIE Market Renewed reserves the right to remove any selling privileges if it is believed that an optimal customer experience is compromised.
- To help ensure compliance with the DDEBBIE Market Renewed Global Quality Requirements, sellers must meet the following performance metrics:
Appendix A: Requirements by Product Category
- All Microsoft laptops, tablets and PCs must be equipped with authentic software licenses sourced from a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher or OEM. All devices should have a Genuine Microsoft Label, Genuine Microsoft Refurbisher Label, or Certificate of Authenticity affixed to the device. Proof of license authenticity via invoice is required upon request.
- Vinyl skinning must be applied without any visual blemishes to the skin (including air bubbles and peeling edges). The skin should not visually appear to be crooked.
- Accessories like keyboards and mice, when bundled with the personal computer, can be generic.
- During packaging, monitor screens must be separated from their base and any other attachments, when possible.
- Printing cartridges must be removed from the printer and placed inside a sealed plastic bag to prevent ink or powder from leaking into the box.
- Moving parts such as doors and print heads must be taped and secured during transit. External paper trays must be disconnected and packed separately.
- Sales of Renewed ink and toner cartridges (remanufactured, refurbished, refilled or other derivative) will not be allowed under stand-alone ASINs.
- Food processing products will only contain material that is safe, non-toxic and compliant with the applicable Canadian law, including the CPSA and Health Canada regulations. All surfaces that could be in direct contact with food or liquids must be cleaned and sanitized in accordance with the National Sanitation Foundation (NSF) standards or other applicable local regulations and standards.
- Upon cleaning and prior to packaging, all products must be thoroughly dried. Products containing liquid tanks (e.g., espresso machine boilers, tea kettles, etc.) must be drained in full.
- No external stains or signs of calcified water should be visible on any of the external surfaces, when the product is held 12 inches away.
- Moving parts such as doors, trays and containers must be taped and secured during transit.
- Products under these categories might be sold without their accessories, as long as this is clearly communicated through the DDEBBIE Market product listing page.
- Petrol-operated products must be fully drained and wrapped in plastic bags in order to avoid any leaks and contamination within the package.
- Gaming consoles must be tested for overheating and ensure full functionality of the optical disc drive or cartridge slot, and of all input and output ports (for example: A/C power, video, gaming controller, memory card).
- Remote controller buttons, joysticks and connectivity (both wired and wireless) must be fully functional. Remote controllers sold in bundles must be pre-paired with their gaming console.
Appendix B: Requirements by Brand
DDEBBIE Market Vine Terms and Conditions
Last updated: December 16, 2019
Vine is a marketing program operated by DDEBBIE Market Services International, Inc. (together with its affiliates, DDEBBIE Market, we, our, or us) through which select products are provided to certain ddebbiemarket.com customers (Vine Voices) for review (the Program). Your participation in the Program is subject to the terms and conditions stated below (the Agreement) and the terms and conditions governing the sale of your products to or through us or our affiliate entities (the Selling Partner Agreement, which includes, for example, the Vendor Terms and Conditions or the DDEBBIE Market Services Business Solutions Agreement). To the extent there is a conflict between the Selling Partner Agreement and this Agreement regarding your participation in the Program, the terms of this Agreement will take precedence. You or your means the vendor, seller, or distributor accepting this Agreement. In order to participate in the Program, you must:
- agree to the terms and conditions in this Agreement by accepting these terms below and clicking the Submit button at the bottom of this page; and
- maintain an account within Vendor or Seller Central, as applicable, and provide and keep all required information accurate and up to date in Vendor or Seller Central, including but not limited to your e-mail address and billing contact information.
1. Amendment; Notice of Changes. We reserve the right to change the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement or any Vine Help Pages, instructions, or other guidelines within Vendor or Seller Central relating to the Program at any time and in our sole discretion. Any changes will be effective when the revisions are posted within Vendor or Seller Central. Notice of changes to this Agreement will be posted in Vendor or Seller Central for 30 days. You are responsible for reviewing the notice and any applicable changes. We may post changes to Vine Help Pages, instructions, or other guidelines without notice to you. YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM FOLLOWING OUR POSTING OF ANY CHANGES TO THIS AGREEMENT, THE VINE HELP PAGES, INSTRUCTIONS, OR OTHER GUIDELINES WILL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THOSE CHANGES, DO NOT CONTINUE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM.
2. How the Program Works.
(a) Enrollment Requests. You may enroll in the Program certain products that you sell or plan to sell to or through us or our affiliate entities (the Products). To enroll a Product, you must use our online enrollment tool and provide all required information. Please see the Vine Help pages for instructions on using the enrollment tool. You may not enroll any ineligible Products. We will have the right to reject any Product you enroll, at any time for any reason in our sole discretion. Any Products that we do not reject are Accepted Products.
(b) Enrollment Fees. Unless otherwise agreed between you and DDEBBIE Market, the applicable fee to enroll each Product or Products in the Program (Fee) will be provided when you use our online enrollment tool. We may change the applicable Fee for any Product at any time on a prospective basis. We may deduct the Fee from any amounts we owe to you. The Fees are exclusive of any applicable taxes.
(c) Taxes. To the extent that we are required to collect or remit any tax in connection with the Fees under this Agreement, we will issue tax invoices to you and you will reimburse us for those taxes within 30 days after the date of our invoice. You will not deduct or withhold any amounts (including, but not limited to, in respect of any present or future taxes) from the Fees.
(d) Product Delivery. When requested, you will label and ship to us the Accepted Products (i) in the correct quantity, (ii) at your own cost (freight prepaid), and (iii) in accordance with our shipping requirements using the item labels and shipping labels that we provide to you through our enrollment tool. Risk of loss for all Products will transfer to us upon our acceptance from the carrier. However, we will not be responsible for any Products that you ship to us that are not properly labeled, or not otherwise in compliance with our shipping requirements. If you are shipping any products to us from outside Canada, you will be the importer of record. These provisions in this subdivision (d), including the risk of loss, will not apply for any Accepted Products that are Fulfilled by DDEBBIE Market (FBA), as we will use your existing inventory to fulfill deliveries to Vine Voices.
(e) Accepted Product Offerings. If we make available to Vine Voices information about the Accepted Products, you will not have an opportunity to review or approve such information.
(f) Reviews. Accepted Products will be delivered to Vine Voices who have selected the Accepted Product. We will encourage the Vine Voices to post their reviews of the Accepted Product (the Reviews) to the product detail page for the Accepted Product on www.ddebbiemarket.com (the ddebbiemarket.com Site). Any reviews posted by Vine Voices must be independent and unbiased. We make no assurances concerning the Vine Voices or the Reviews, including but not limited to (i) the number of Accepted Products that Vine Voices will choose to review, (ii) the nature of any Reviews that Vine Voices may submit, or (iii) our ability to maintain the confidentiality of any Accepted Product or other materials that we provide to Vine Voices. We will have no obligation to modify or remove Reviews from the ddebbiemarket.com Site, even if you find them objectionable. You must not contact Vine Voices or attempt to influence Vine Voices or their Reviews. If a Vine Voice attempts to contact you other than for ordinary customer support, you must decline any further communication and notify us.
(g) Product Removal. You may request that we remove an Accepted Product from the Program by contacting us and telling us that you want to remove the Accepted Product. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to remove any Accepted Product after we receive your notice or after termination of this Agreement, but in no event will we be able to remove any Accepted Product later than 5 business days before we offer the Accepted Product to Vine Voices. For avoidance of doubt, removal of an Accepted Product from the Program or termination or non-renewal of this Agreement will not require DDEBBIE Market to delete or alter any Reviews previously posted.
(h) No Product Returns. We will not return any Accepted Products to you. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to distribute all Accepted Products to Vine Voices. However, we may destroy any Accepted Product at any time following the date ninety days after our receipt of the Accepted Product. Accepted Products that are FBA will not be destroyed and will remain in your inventory.
3. Ownership of Accepted Products and Reviews. You will retain all right, title and interest in any given unit of the Accepted Products until a Vine Voice orders such unit and it is delivered to the common carrier for delivery to the Vine Voice, at which point all right, title and interest in such unit passes to the Vine Voice. We will at all times retain all right, title and interest (including but not limited to all intellectual property rights) in the Reviews. You may use the Reviews or excerpts of the Reviews of your Accepted Products that are on the ddebbiemarket.com Site for your internal business purposes and for marketing Accepted Products, provided, (i) that any such use will properly attribute the Reviews to an DDEBBIE Market Vine Customer Review of Free Product; (ii) DDEBBIE Market may, by written notice, require you to cease any use of the Reviews that it deems inappropriate in its sole discretion, in which case you will cease such use immediately; and (iii) you may only excerpt Reviews in a manner that does not materially alter the meaning of the text or cause the text to become factually incorrect or misleading. You may not use any Reviews that are no longer posted on the ddebbiemarket.com Site.
4. Term and Termination. The term of this Agreement will begin on the date you click the Submit button at the bottom of this Agreement and continue until we or you terminate this Agreement in accordance with this Section (the Term). We may terminate this Agreement at any time by disabling your access to the product enrollment tool. You may terminate this Agreement at any time upon 30 days’ written notice by contacting us and indicating your desire to terminate this Agreement (Termination Notice). You will not enroll or ship to us any Products after you send us a Termination Notice. We may at any time cease providing the Program at our sole discretion without notice to you. Upon termination, all rights and obligations of the parties under this Agreement will terminate, except that Sections 2(b), 2(e), 2(g), and 3, 4, 5, 6, and 7 will survive termination.
5. Indemnification. You will defend us (and our directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives) from and against any claim arising from or relating to your participation in the Program, including but not limited to your breach of this Agreement.
6. Disclaimer of Warranties. The Program is provided on an as is basis. We make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, including without limitation: (a) the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and noninfringement; (b) that the Program, Vendor Central, Seller Central, or the ddebbiemarket.com Site will meet your requirements, will always be available, accessible, uninterrupted, timely, secure, or operate without error; and (c) any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage of trade. To the full extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties.
7. Limitation of Liability. In no event will our total liability arising in connection with the Program exceed the aggregate fees paid by you in connection with the Program for the twelve-month period preceding the claim.
8. Vendor and Seller Terms. The products that you submit to us under the Program are Products or Your Products (or the appropriate applicable term) under the Selling Partner Agreement, including for purposes of provisions related to your representations and warranties, and your indemnification and defense obligations, as applicable.
DDEBBIE Market Coupon Terms and Conditions
Coupons Program Terms
Coupons Program terms supplement your seller agreement.
Acceptance is required to participate in the Coupons Program. By submitting a coupon, you accept the Coupons Program terms.
The Coupons Program
The Coupons Program helps eligible sellers create and manage digital coupon offers for DDEBBIE Market customers.
To participate in the Coupons Program, you must: (i) have a Professional seller account, and (ii) maintain your account in good standing.
You’re responsible for fully funding all of the coupon discounts you offer, including any associated costs you incur based on your use of coupons. Coupon discounts will be created and administered according to the terms you provide to us by the means we specify.
In addition to the fees described on the Selling on DDEBBIE Market Fee Schedule for your account or elsewhere, you agree to pay a redemption fee for each coupon discount redeemed by a customer ("Redemption Fee"). A coupon is considered "redeemed" when a customer purchases a product associated with an active coupon and that customer has attached the applicable coupon to his or her account. The Redemption Fee is due and payable upon shipment of the unit and will be displayed in the budget section. Any coupon budget you provide to us is for planning purposes only, and we’ll calculate your fees and obligations to customers based on your actual promotional activity. You are responsible for the total fees calculated. If your actual promotional activities exceed your coupon budget, no refunds will be issued.
We may modify or cancel any coupon you create and suspend or terminate any feature of the Coupons Program at any time at our discretion.
Fine Jewellery Terms and Conditions
- I have read and understand the Fine Jewellery Terms and Conditions, Jewellery Quality Assurance Standards, Precious Metals Marketing Act , and Restricted Products guidelines, located in Seller Central. I have also read and understand the Categorization of Fine vs. Fashion and Tips for Listing Jewellery Help pages, located in Seller Central.
- All the products I intend to sell are new and authentic. I understand that counterfeit, replica, or knock-off products are prohibited on DDEBBIE Market.
- I will not price any jewellery item above $125,000.
- I understand that any white diamond products containing single stones that are 0.75 carats or greater (rings and pendants) or two stones that are greater than 1.0 carats (stud earrings) must be accompanied with an original grading report or certificate of authenticity from either GIA, IGI, AGS, or GCAL.
- I understand that a non-refundable $5,000 application fee will be charged to my account upon submission of the Fine Jewellery Application. I understand that this fee will also be charged if I re-apply to the Fine Jewellery category and that the fee will not be refunded if my items fail the Fine Jewellery Application Review.
- I understand that I must participate in a Jewellery Quality Assurance Review as part of the Fine Jewellery Application Process. This review includes submitting a selection of my Fine Jewellery items that I intend to sell on DDEBBIE Market for review. I understand that it takes around six weeks, but may take up to 10 weeks, to process my application, including the submission of my sample items for review.
DDEBBIE Market Handmade Terms and Conditions
DDEBBIE Market Handmade is a store with handcrafted products, made by Handmade Sellers ("Makers"). DDEBBIE Market uses an application process to add new Makers to the Handmade category to ensure customers are able to buy with confidence.
The following terms supplement the DDEBBIE Market Services Business Solutions Agreement and govern your participation in the DDEBBIE Market Handmade program.
DDEBBIE Market reserves the right to remove selling privileges at any point and at its sole discretion. We also reserve the right to update these terms.
DDEBBIE Market Program Eligibility
Your participation in DDEBBIE Market Handmade is subject to DDEBBIE Market’s approval.
Members of collaborative groups must provide a link to any online documentation containing details regarding their organization.
DDEBBIE Market Handmade Product Eligibility
You can only list products in the Handmade store that meet eligibility requirements described in the DDEBBIE Market Handmade Product Eligibility section.
Enrollment in and approval to sell in the DDEBBIE Market Handmade store comes with a waiver of the Professional selling fee ($29.99) for Makers that are approved to sell in the Handmade category.
Makers will pay a referral fee on each item sold. See DDEBBIE Market Handmade: Referral Fees for more details on referral fees
Copyright, Trademark, and other related policies
You must comply with all federal, state, and local laws as well as DDEBBIE Market policies applicable to your products and product listings. You may not violate the Intellectual Property (IP) rights of brands or other rights owners.
For more information on DDEBBIE Market’s policy regarding Intellectual Property, see Intellectual Property Policy for Sellers.
We recommend registering with DDEBBIE Market Brand Registry.
DDEBBIE Market Brand Registry helps Makers protect registered trademarks on DDEBBIE Market and creates an accurate and trusted experience for customers. Currently, brands must have a registered trademark to be eligible for enrollment in this program.
Protecting Handmade Integrity
DDEBBIE Market reserves the right, in its sole discretion, conduct a review of products and the Makers listing them in the Handmade store. As part of that review, we reserve the right to remove listings and/or Makers that do not comply with DDEBBIE Market, or Handmade specific guidelines and policies. Any Maker impacted by a removal from DDEBBIE Market will be notified and, in most cases, will have the option to appeal an enforcement decision.
Makers will receive enforcement notifications via Performance Notification in Seller Central and will include details on what is needed by DDEBBIE Market to conduct an audit, as well as the timeframe in which the Maker will need to provide DDEBBIE Market with this information.
Makers who repeatedly attempt to circumvent decisions or actions taken by DDEBBIE Market Handmade, may see their ability to sell in the Handmade store permanently revoked.
All listings must adhere to all DDEBBIE Market listing policies and Handmade listing requirements guide, as documented in DDEBBIE Market Handmade: Category Listing Policies & Requirements.
Makers selling customized goods are subject to the Customization Program Terms for Sellers.
Handmade returns, refunds, restocking, and order cancellation
Sellers of handmade products must comply with all DDEBBIE Market Handmade: Returns, Refunds, and Cancellations Policies as well as the DDEBBIE Market Handmade: Fulfilling Orders.
In addition to any information sharing agreement through the DDEBBIE Market Services Business Solution Agreement, you agree that by creating a Maker Profile Page, any information about you or your products (including images of you or your products) can be shareable by DDEBBIE Market customers through websites, mobile applications, and other online points of presence.
News Announcements and Press Releases
Makers conducting their own PR activities, either independently or through a contracted agency, that include any mention of DDEBBIE Market or DDEBBIE Market Handmade, should engage our DDEBBIE Market Handmade PR team to review their content two-weeks prior to issuing an announcement or Press Release. Please contact Handmade Support via Contact Us and they will connect you with someone from the Handmade PR team.
Send a draft of your release in a Word document, which may also be routed to and reviewed by internal DDEBBIE Market stakeholders as appropriate.
A Handmade PR representative will get back in touch with you as soon as possible.
Make your products eligible for Deals
A Lightning Deal is a time-bound, promotional offer where an item is featured for a limited number of hours, usually 4 to 12 hours (as determined by DDEBBIE Market), on the DDEBBIE Market Deals page. Featuring an item as a Lightning Deal may help increase sales and it may also be an effective way to reduce your inventory.
A 7-Day Deal is a time-bound, promotional offer where an item is featured for a limited number of days on the DDEBBIE Market Deals page. Featuring an item as a 7-day Deal may help increase sales and reduce your inventory.
To be eligible for Deals, you must be a Professional Seller with at least five Seller Feedback Ratings per month and an overall rating of at least 3.5-stars. Additionally, products must meet these criteria:
- Have a sales history in DDEBBIE Market stores and at least a 3-star rating
- Include as many variations as possible
- Not a restricted product or offensive, embarrassing, or inappropriate product
- Prime eligible in all regions
- New Condition
- Compliant with customer product reviews policies. To know more, refer to Customer product reviews policies.
- Compliant with pricing policies. For more information, see DDEBBIE Market Policy on Reference Prices.
- Compliant with deal frequency policies.
- If your product is approved for a Lightning Deal and then it violates the above criteria, your Deal will be cancelled immediately and you might not be eligible for a refund of your Deals fees.
- If your product is approved for a 7-day Deal and then it violates the above criteria, your Deal will not be featured on the Deals page immediately and you might not be eligible for a refund of your Deals fees.
You can create two Deal variations: Lightning Deal and 7-day Deal.
If you meet the criteria for a Deal:
- In the Deals Dashboard, click Create a New Deal tab.
- Select a product in your inventory and click Select.
- Enter the Schedule, and click Continue to next step.
- For Lightning Deals, enter Deal price or Discount per unit, and Minimum deal quantity.
- For 7-day Deals, enter Deal price or Discount per unit for each product.
- Click Continue on to next steps.
- Click Submit new Deal.
Note: You will also need to choose the main product whose image will be featured on the Deals page. This image must be complaint with our Deal image policy or all Deal eligibility will be removed.
How can I become eligible?
Currently, only Professional Sellers are eligible to run Deals.
Which products are eligible for Deals?
Eligible products are automatically displayed in the Eligible ASINs section of the Deals Dashboard when they meet the following criteria (subject to change based on country and time of year):
- Quality: Products must have a sales history in DDEBBIE Market stores and at least a 3-star rating.
- Product variations: Deals should include as many product variations (e.g. size, colour, style etc.) as possible. For some products, such as clothing and shoes, at least 60% of variations should be included in the deal. The pre-determined minimum percentage of product variations are specified when you create the Deal.
- Category: Restricted products and products that are offensive, embarrassing or otherwise inappropriate are not eligible. Examples of ineligible items include e-cigarettes, alcohol, adult products, medical devices, medicines and baby formula.
- Fulfilment method: Products must be Prime-eligible. You can choose either Fulfilment by DDEBBIE Market (FBA) or Seller Fulfilled Prime in Shipping Settings.
- Condition: Only items in New Condition are eligible for Lightning Deals.
- Seller Feedback Rating: You must receive a minimum of 5 ratings per month and have at least an overall 3.5-star rating.
Note: Because of other criteria that DDEBBIE Market is unable to disclose, it's possible that certain ASINs may not receive a recommendation although they meet the criteria listed above.
You can choose to Create a Deal from the list of eligible ASINs in the Select Products tab of the Deals Dashboard. Eligible ASINs are refreshed every week, so a Deal you see this week may not necessarily be there next week.
Create a Deal
Eligible ASINs display automatically in the Deals Dashboard.
There are four ways to create and submit a Deal after selecting the Create a new deal in the Deals Dashboard:
- Select Products
- Schedule Deal
- Configure Deal
- Review & Submit
As you follow the prompts to create a Deal, pay attention to the following:
- Selection of eligible Products: You can filter eligible products on the basis of Deal start dates and Deal types. You can also search your eligible products by ASIN and SKU.
- Product variation: You can select any eligible variations that you want to include in your Deal that’s being recommended. However, we recommend that you include as many product variations (for example, size, color, style) as possible to avoid rejection. For some products, such as clothing and shoes, at least 65% of variations should be included in the deal, although this can change by locale and time of year.
- Once the Deal is submitted, avoid assigning new variations to the parent listing that were not originally recommended when the deal was created. Doing so might result in your Deal being suppressed or cancelled. For some products, such as clothing and shoes, a minimum percentage of variations will be specified as a requirement.
- Deal schedule: Lightning Deals can run for 4 to 12 hours; this can change per locale. 7-day Deals will run for 7 consecutive days You can select the week for your Deal to run; however, you will not be able to select the date or time. If approved, you can see the scheduled Deal date and time in the Deal Dashboard one week before the Deal is scheduled to run.
- Deal quantity: Make sure that you have the proposed quantity at least 7 days before the scheduled date, as your deal could be canceled if there is insufficient inventory at the time of the deal.
- Deal Price: The Maximum Deal price that is suggested when creating a Deal takes into consideration the lowest price from a Seller offering the product in New condition. The Deal price may fluctuate if any changes are made to the current price and you cannot raise the price while the Lightning Deal is running.
- Deal Title: The title for a Deal comes from the product name of the ASIN participating in the deal or parent ASIN if the deal includes variations. If you want to change the deal title, you’ll need to update the product name of the ASIN or parent ASIN before creating the Lightning Deal.
- Deal Image: The image for a Deal comes from the images present on the DDEBBIE Market detail page. If the deal images available when creating a Lightning Deal are incorrect or do not match the images found on the detail page, you’ll need to confirm that the correct images have been uploaded to the ASIN or parent ASIN (if the product has variations). You can contact Seller Support for image related issues on product detail pages.
- Deal quantity: Make sure that you have the proposed quantity at least 7 days before the scheduled date.
- Deal frequency: We strive to offer customers new Deals every day. In order to achieve this, Lightning Deals cannot run on the same ASIN within a 7-day period while 7-day Deals cannot run on the same ASIN within 28 days. DDEBBIE Market is subject to cancel any Deal without notification if there are Deals violating this policy.
- Fee: Make sure you review the applicable fee before you submit the deal. For more information, see Deals Fees.
- Deal status: Some Deals may be immediately approved, while others may be suppressed at any time if they don’t meet the eligibility criteria. We encourage you to monitor the status of your deal on the Deals Dashboard to reduce the risk of your Deal being suppressed or canceled which could lead to too much FBA inventory and fees.
How do I know the status of my Deal?
After you create a deal you can monitor its status on the Deals dashboard and take the following recommended actions:
- Draft: One or more values for your deal contained an error. You will need to edit the values you entered and then re-submit for approval.
- Under review: Your deal is pending DDEBBIE Market approval. Deals are usually approved or rejected immediately; however, allow up to 15 minutes to view the status.
- Needs edits: You will need to edit the highlighted areas of the Deal and re-submit for approval.
- Pending: The deal is eligible; however, the schedule hasn’t been set. DDEBBIE Market will provide the date and time within one week of the scheduled run.
- Upcoming (Pending date/time scheduling 7 days prior to earliest start date): The deal is eligible; however, the schedule hasn’t been set. The deal schedule will be set within one week of the start date.
- Upcoming: Your deal is scheduled to run at the specified date and time. The schedule is automatically generated and cannot be changed. If you do not want the deal to run at this date and time, you can cancel the deal without penalty 25 hours before the scheduled start time.
- Suppressed: Your deal does not meet the eligibility requirements. Click the info button to the left of each greyed out ASIN to understand why it was suppressed, then make the necessary changes to price, quantity or inventory. You must do this at least 25 hours before the scheduled start time to avoid cancellation.
- ASIN greyed out: Your product does not meet the eligibility requirements. ASINs that are greyed out cannot be edited; these need to be removed from your deal. However, if too many of your ASINs are greyed out, you may not be able to create or reactivate your deal.
- Active: The deal is active and running according to its start and end date. Once a deal is active, the only change you can make to the ASINs participating in the deal is increasing their deal quantity. Any other change made to the ASINs may result in the deal being suppressed or cancelled.
- Cancelled: Deals can be cancelled for the following reasons:
- The deal was manually cancelled by you.
- The deal was previously suppressed and was not fixed at least 25 hours before its scheduled start time.
- The deal was cancelled by DDEBBIE Market. DDEBBIE Market is subject to cancel any deals without notification if they violate DDEBBIE Market’s policy on Deal frequency.
After you create a deal, avoid making the following changes to the ASIN(s) or parent ASIN participating in the deal:
- Do not delete or close any of the listings from your Manage Inventory page.
- Do not change the SKU number for any of the products participating in the deal.
- If your deal has variations, avoid making changes to the parent ASIN. This includes creating new child ASINs as variations under the parent ASIN, changing the parent SKU, or deleting/closing the parent listing from Manage Inventory page.
For example: After creating a deal for a product with three total size variations (small, medium, large), avoid creating new variations under the same parent listing that previously did not exist when the deal was initially created (x-small, x-large etc.). Any new variation ASIN that was not included in the initial deal recommendation will not be eligible to run in the deal, resulting in the entire deal becoming suppressed due to no longer meeting all eligibility criteria.
Lightning Deals are flash sales where a product is featured for several hours on the DDEBBIE Market deals page, one of the most visited pages on DDEBBIE Market. 7-day deals are also featured on the DDEBBIE Market deals page for up to seven days at a time. The Deals page is one of the most visited pages on DDEBBIE Market. Featuring a product as a Lightning Deal or a 7-day deal might help increase sales, and it can also be an effective way to reduce your inventory. There is a fee required to run a Lightning Deal or a 7-day deal.
- "Special Day" Lightning Deal fee: Reserved for high-traffic periods such as Prime Day and Holiday Peak (mid-November to December), these fees will be adjusted from CDN$ 20.00 to CDN$ 40.00.
- "Normal" Lightning Deal fee: For all other periods, these fees will be adjusted from CDN$ 10.00 to CDN$ 20.00.
What is the fee and where can I see it?
You will be charged for each Lightning Deal or a 7-day deal that is submitted and has successfully run. The fee is displayed as part of the deal creation work flow when you select the schedule for the deal.
What doesn't affect the fee: Changes to the number of variations, quantity, and price.
What does affect the fee: The country in which you run the deal and the week you choose to run the deal.
Note: If applicable, you might be taxed based on the tax rules of the respective country.
The fee for your Lightning Deal or 7-day deal might change depending on the date on which your deal runs. The weeks with higher fees are time periods when customer traffic to DDEBBIE Market is significantly higher, leading to greater exposure and potential sales for your deal.
If your deal is scheduled during this higher traffic time period, you will be charged a higher fee, which will be displayed on the Deal page. If you are unsatisfied with the resulting fee, you can cancel the deal.
When will I be charged?
You will be charged after a deal runs on its scheduled date and time. When the fee is processed, it will show up as a Deal fee transaction on your Seller Central statement ( Seller Central > Reports > Payments > Transaction view > Service fees ). The fee will be deducted from your account, similar to FBA fees. You can view additional details, such as which deal is associated with the fee, by clicking on the amount in the Total column.
Will DDEBBIE Market charge me if my deal does not perform well?
DDEBBIE Market does not guarantee sales from running a deal, nor provides refunds if your deal doesn’t perform well. Additionally, running a deal does not guarantee that you’ll be the Featured offer.
If you were incorrectly charged a deal fee for a deal that didn’t run, please contact Seller Support within 30 days of the scheduled run time for possible refund consideration.
Will DDEBBIE Market charge me for a cancelled deal?
DDEBBIE Market will not charge you if:
- You cancel the deal before the scheduled start time.
- DDEBBIE Market cancels the deal before the scheduled start time.
You will be charged the full fee if you cancel a deal while it is running.
Cancel a Deal
You may cancel a proposed Deal at any time; however, we recommend you cancel your deal at least 25 hours before the start time to avoid paying a fee and to avoid being blacklisted from creating Deals in the future. Upcoming Deals will be visible to customers on DDEBBIE Market 24 hours before the Deal is scheduled to run and can be found in the Upcoming Deals page. If you ever need to cancel your Deal, do so before it becomes visible to customers.
To cancel a Deal:
- From the Deals Dashboard, filter your Deals by Status to show only Deals that Needs Attention or are Upcoming. For the Deals that you wish to cancel, click on the drop-down button next to Edit.
- Select Cancel Deal from the menu.
Note: Once a Deal is canceled, it cannot be reactivated or reinstated.
Deals for events
To submit a deal for event consideration:
- On the Deals dashboard, check Upcoming events to see the events that are open for deals submissions. Events include Prime Day, Black Friday, Cyber Monday, and others.
- Select the desired event in the Schedule box as part of the deal. You can submit deals for multiple event and non-event weeks.
Getting the most of out of your deals
Lightning Deals and 7-day deals are time-bound, promotional offers where a product is featured on the DDEBBIE Market deals page. You can use the Deals dashboard to submit Lightning Deals and 7-day deals for a fee. All the proposed Lightning Deals and 7-day deals require DDEBBIE Market approval to run on the DDEBBIE Market deals page. For more information, see the Deals help pages.
As you choose and create your deals, take into account the following tips that may improve the success of your deal:
Before creating your deal
- Enhanced Brand Content Brand owners can add Enhanced Brand Content to their listings to enhance the product description section with additional images and text. This feature is only available to sellers who have been approved as brand owners through the DDEBBIE Market Brand Registry process.
- Surfacing your deal to the right customers: Make sure that your products are listed in the appropriate category. The category that the ASIN or parent ASIN is listed in on DDEBBIE Market will also be the category that the deal will be shown in on the Today’s deals page. Having your products listed in the correct category will help ensure that it surfaces to the right customers when filtering by department within Today’s deals.
- Seasonality: All products have an optimal time of year to sell to customers. Choose the week that best optimizes the seasonality of your product.
- On-DDEBBIE Market competition: Your deal might be the best priced product on DDEBBIE Market, but consider whether the price is competitive to similar products from other brand and sellers.
- Off-DDEBBIE Market prices: The suggested price ensures that your product is the best priced product in DDEBBIE Market Stores. However, consider whether the deal price is competitive to prices on websites outside DDEBBIE Market.
After creating a deal
- Monitor the status of your upcoming deals: Actively monitor your upcoming deals from the Deals dashboard in the days leading up to the deal start date to ensure that they continue to meet the eligibility requirements If any of your scheduled deals becomes suppressed, you’ll need to make the appropriate updates to the deal within the Deals dashboard. See Troubleshooting suppressed and live deals for more information.
- Check the Upcoming peals page on DDEBBIE Market: Your deal will be shown in the Upcoming section of Today’s deals 24 hours before your deal is scheduled to run. Use this 24-hour window to review your upcoming deals. Any deal that is suppressed will need to be fixed 25 hours before the scheduled start time or it will not surface in the Upcoming deals section and may be cancelled. Below are some helpful tips:
- Your upcoming deals surface in the expected category. Locate your upcoming deals using the Department and Availability filters within Today’s deals to ensure that customers are able to see them.
- The Deal image is of good quality and accurately represents the product. You can update the deal image from Seller Central if necessary.
- The Deal price provides a great discount for customers. You can increase the percentage off by lowering your Deal price and increase your Quantity for deal, allowing more customers purchase from your deal.
- Avoid making changes to ASIN(s): For deals in Upcoming status, avoid making major changes to the ASIN(s) or parent ASIN participating in the deal. This includes:
- Pricing edits: If you lower the price on a participating ASIN(s), you may also be required to lower the Deal price for the same ASIN(s) to avoid Deal suppression.
- Delete or close listings: Do not change the status of any ASIN(s) participating in deals to Closed within the Manage Inventory page. Doing so will cancel any deal currently scheduled for that ASIN. Cancelled deals cannot be reactivated.
- Create new child ASINs: For deals that include variations, avoid creating or assigning new child ASINs to the variation family after the deal has been submitted. Doing so will result in the existing deal revalidating with the new child ASINs, which will result in the deal being suppressed or cancelled.
7-day deal & Lightning Deal performance results
The overall performance for your 7-day deals and Lightning Deals can be found in the Manage deals page in Seller Central.
Click View on the specific deal to see performance for each SKU in the deal. The following metrics will be provided to you in the "Product Details" and "Pricing" section of your deal:
- Units sold: The number of deal units sold during the deal
- Items waitlisted: The number of items that the customers added to a waitlist after a deal sold out. A high number of items waitlisted suggests that you could have sold more deal units than the Quantity for deal that was entered for the SKU
- Deal revenue: Ordered product sales (Units Sold x deal Price) for that SKU
- Total deal revenue: Ordered product sales for all SKUs that participated in the deal
Note: Your sales data might take up to 2 hours to become available after the deal ends.
Maintain enrollment in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program
After successfully completing the Prime Trial period, you are automatically enrolled in the Seller Fulfilled Prime program.
Now that you are enrolled, in order to maintain the Seller Fulfilled Prime status, you must continually satisfy the following criteria:
- Maintain a Professional selling plan. You must have an account with a Professional selling plan, and the account must be active and in good standing.
- Enrolled in Premium Shipping.
In addition, sellers must meet or exceed the following performance requirements on a trailing 30-day basis:
- > 96% on-time delivery rate
- > 94% valid tracking rate
- < 1% cancellation rate
- A cancellation rate of no more than 1% on Prime orders
If your performance metrics fall below required levels, you will no longer be eligible for Seller Fulfilled Prime, but may continue selling items on DDEBBIE Market without Prime badging. Sellers whose metrics improve may be eligible to re-apply for Seller Fulfilled Prime. For more information on losing Seller Fulfilled Prime eligibility and how to re-join the program, please refer to the Seller Fulfilled Prime enrollment revocation page.
Using wallet with DDEBBIE Market
Wallet is working with DDEBBIE Market to make local currency disbursements in your country. Wallet is a regulated money services business and a licensed money transmitter in Canada, the United States and the European Union and is a financial services licensee in Australia. Please see here for the most up-to-date licensing information from Wallet. With Wallet, you can receive disbursements of your DDEBBIE Market sales into your Wallet deposit account and transfer them directly to your local bank in your local currency.
Supported countries/regions and currencies are listed below.
Currencies Available Code
South African Rand
South Korean Won/United States Dollar
Sri Lankan Rupee
Taiwan New Dollar
United Arab Emirates
United Arab Emirates Dirham
To start receiving disbursements in your local currency, apply for a Wallet account through Seller Central using the instructions below:
- Log in to Seller Central.
- Choose Settings > Account Info.
- On the Seller Account Information page, go to the Payment Information section and click Deposit Methods.
- Click Assign or Edit when a bank account is already registered.
- Select the country of your bank account in the Bank Location drop-down menu.
- Click on Sign up for Wallet to apply for a Wallet deposit account. You will be re-directed to Wallet’s website where you can apply for a Wallet account using your DDEBBIE Market Seller credentials.
For the Canadian Marketplace, if you already have a Wallet account, return to Seller Central, select Canada as the Bank Location Country, and enter the deposit account details which Wallet has provided to you.
If you have questions about your bank account information in Seller Central, please view our Help page on Bank Account Information. For questions about your Wallet account, please visit here (available in English, Mandarin, French, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, and Japanese).
Important: Through Seller Central, sellers can access currency conversion services provided by a third-party payment service provider, Wallet. DDEBBIE Market’s role is to introduce Wallet to you and it in no way arranges for you to acquire services from Wallet. If you choose to use these services, you will contract directly with Wallet. Your use of Wallet’s services is subject to their terms and conditions. Please be sure to understand your rights and obligations under those terms. DDEBBIE Market may receive a fee from Wallet for introducing their services to you.